Nilla Wafers (enough to cover bottom of pan)
Bananas (enough to cover Nilla Wafers)
3 eggs (separated)
2 1/3 C of sugar
2 C of milk
4 T flour
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In Blender: (Add in order or it will be too thick to mix)
1. 3 egg yolks
2. 1 cup of milk
3. 2 cups of sugar
4. 1 cup of milk (yes, put in a second cup!)
5. 4 tablespoons of flour
6. Blend until mixed well
7. Put in microwave (covered with wax paper) for about 2 minutes. Stir every 2 minutes with wire wisk until thick.
8. Add about a tablespoon of butter and a dash of vanilla.
For Meringue Mix with electric mixer:
1. 3 egg whites (Beat until they come to a soft peak)
2. Add 1/3 cup of sugar and mix
3. Add teaspoon of vanilla and
4. ½ teaspoon of cream of tartar (not necessary unless your meringue isn’t thick enough)
1. Arrange Nilla Wafers and bananas in bottom of glass pan.
2. Pour contents from microwave dish into pan.
3. Top with the meringue.
4. Place in oven long enough to just barely brown the meringue.
5. ENJOY a good homemade SOUTHERN “nanner puddin’ “ !