Dottie's Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


Ingredients:
1/3 C butter or margarine
3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
1 C milk
1 C whipping cream
1/2 t salt
1/2 t white pepper
2 C finely diced cooked chicken
1 celery stalk
1 carrot
1 small onion
2 boxes of Rice A Roni long grain & wild rice, original

Directions:
Dice celery, onion, and carrots VERY fine.  Boil chicken breast along with these veggies. Dice chicken very fine and set these ingrediants to the side.


Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over low heat: add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken stock, milk, whipping cream & rice a roni, while cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper.  Add diced chicken and continue to cook over medium heat stirring constantly for several minutes. It will continue to thicken. This makes about 2 quarts. Enjoy~




**Note from Dottie**  I copied and pasted the original recipe, but when I make it I omit the celery and onion.  I finely shred my carrot and then just add it when I add the rice.  I also used the Natural Rice A Roni long grain and wild rice this time due to my child's corn allergy and you could not tell a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment