Glenda's Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Best pound cake I've ever tasted!

Ingredients:
2 sticks Blue Bonnet margarine and 1 stick Land of Lakes salted real butter - room temperature 3 C sugar
Dash of salt
1 8 oz. package cream cheese - room temperature
1 ½ t vanilla
3 C sifted all-purpose flour
6 eggs - room temperature


Directions:
Bring margarine, cream cheese and eggs to room temperature. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add salt, vanilla and beat well. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Stir in flour and spoon into greased pan. Bake at 325 for 1 ½ hours ( Glenda's note on her recipe card said, " I do not bake mine this long").

Glenda’s Tips: Sift the 3 cups of flour and add a little bit at a time and I never, ever use the whole 3 cups. Also, I never cook it the whole hour and a half. At the end of the first hour I check it and most time, go ahead and turn off my oven. You will just have to see how your oven cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment